Minimum $100 order. Please email sassycakes.az@gmail.com for questions!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Mermaid Birthday

This cake was ordered for a little girl's 3rd birthday. I love how the cake turned out except Ariel's face is definitely not my best work. I used fondant for it and I'm sure that's where I went wrong. I didn't have any gum paste at my house which isn't as soft and dries a lot faster than fondant. My little kids loved it so I'm hoping the birthday girl did too. The top layer was an 8 inch white cake with strawberries and cream filling and the bottom was a 10 inch chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling. My favorite was the top shell and pearl that I made with fondant and covered them in shimmer dust. The other shells I made with white chocolate and dusted with shimmer dust they looked so life like. Everyone thought they were real. I thought it turned out so cute and fun!

No comments: